View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2016, 06:12 PM   #12
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Today I welded the kickstand and shifter. Now I am cleaning up the kickstand for paint. Tomorrow I'll finish that up.

I also ordered brackets for the headlight. I want to get them installed before I find a headlight. That way I am sure of te spacing.

I also found a tail light I like. It's 75.00 on e bay but I really like it. It looks like two shot glasses with a screen covering led lighting. I think it will be cool.

I also finished up soldering up all the wiring. Now I just need the key assembly. It was 12 bucks plus shipping for an aftermarket key assembly. That is not bad. I still need to figure out a front fender and a dash board. But don't need them to get on the road. Also a rear hugger is 40.00 and I will get that after I am street legal.

I am running a totally stock engine and made up a nice set of stock carbs. That way I have a choke and they should idle at 900
RPM with good response. I am using a custom made dual exhaust wth pod filters ad will change to a K&N 0990 filter later.

For the ignition I will run a stock 2010 unit. This will be a real show bike with little go fast stuff. Should be fun.