Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #2037
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
So because everyone does it makes it less illegal?

I'll just start running reds and make it a trend, then everyone will do it and it will be okay.

I think the big thing is that if a motorist sees another motorist do something kind of stupid, they tend to blow it off and shake their head. But a bike doing it, then it is "CALL THE COPS! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE! MORONS!"

It is rather hypocritical.

I see cars rolling through reds making right hand turns ALL THE TIME. They roll through stop signs ALL THE TIME in my neighborhood. Yet a bike rolls through a stop sign, and they freak; even though I'm pretty sure they have rolled through stop signs before as well (at least to some degree). I mean a "california roll" through a stop sign is still the same as driving through it at 30mph. You still failed to stop. There is no grey area. I believe the proper stop technique for a car is stop, feel the car rock slightly, and then you have made a complete stop.

It is gray, and I have been told by Police it is gray, that I can roll through stop signs without putting a foot down, but not at 15 MPH. He even put the 15 mph on my ticket.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote