View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2016, 07:59 PM   #7
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

EvolveGT VIR Patriot and North

Spent the past weekend doing two days at VIR with EvolveGT. Even though it meant taking Monday off, I knew I had to see VIR. It is by far the swankiest track I've been to.

Since getting back to riding, I have been feeling like there is something wrong with my body positioning. However, I haven't been able to figure out what that something, or many things, is. This weekend, the coaches at Evolve were awesome, and helped me work on a plan to improve my body position. Although I felt like I was moving around on the bike, they showed me that it was not the case at all. However, with a few sessions and a tail mounted GoPro, I made some improvements (photos are the same corner from first vid session and last vid session) and will hope to keep working on it.

The bike ran flawlessly. The suspension is definitely soft as I could feel big movement with elevation changes while cornering. But overall, I really enjoyed riding the bike. Getting a 300 was definitely the right call for my return to riding.

I pushed probably more than I should have during one session, and then dialed it back a bit to focus on working on my body position with the video recordings. Still, on a gopro estimate, it looks like I was comfortably running a 2:06ish laptime at VIR. Not sure how that stacks up on the 300.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BodyPosition.jpg (37.6 KB, 22 views)
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.