View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #35
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

I wouldn't knock it if they did it right There's no such thing as "fixing" an improperly sized turbo or intercooler... That's just bad practice in building engines (and REALLY expensive to boot). You select the right A/R turbo FIRST and then later when you're tailoring the turbo(s) can alter the wheels (which is considered FINE tuning). I'm all for turbo'ing things and currently own one-twin turbo'd car and a supercharged truck (I believe firmly in forced induction). Even if I had the correct sized turbo lying around I wouldn't fathom doing this considering all of the work you'd have to do to get the setup to work at all.

The other reason why this sort of project gets knocked on is the shear lunacy of what is involved to make it work. If you started with a fuel injected engine and wanted to push perhaps 10psi of boost... No problem (that's probably why people successfully turbocharge liter bikes all the time)! For this application they literally have to start from scratch and redesign everything. No thank you!
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote