View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #55
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
The Microsquirt ECU is both open source and open architecture. This is what Greg737 uses I believe. That is, you can download the schematic and build your own if you wanted to. Should it ever fail, there are a number of manufacturers that can sell you a new one.
Yes, I use the Microsquirt ECU. Love it, it's a very good product from some guys who really know FI. My Microsquirt is now known as "the old version" as the people at Bowling&Grippo have come out with a better, smaller version of the Microsquirt ECU.

One correction about what you said regarding the Microsquirt: The Microsquirt is really small and uses tiny surface-mount components which would make it difficult to work on at home (at least I don't think I'm up to the task of de-soldering, removing and re-soldering those itty-bitty components). The other Bowling&Grippo products, the Megasquirt ECUs are all built with larger components and are commonly sold as kits and build at home by people with very little prior electronics experience.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote