Thread: Spilled my 250
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #10
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNinjaF18 View Post
As for my accident, I'm still afraid to get back on it, as I panicked both times and gave it way too much gas, sending me off into history.
Well, don't give up! At least you've learned to avoid gravel.

It may seem counterintuitive, but a lot of beginner slow down too much. What happens is they tend to cut into corners too early and too tight, then they slow down too much and start tipping over. Then they panic and give it too much gas too suddenly trying to recover. The problem isn't that you gave it too much throttle, that's just result of and side-effect of slowing down too much.

Practice doing wide sweeping turns in parking lots. Do 50-ft rings around a cone. Do 50-ft rings around 4-cones. Note that by tying all 4 90-degree corners into one big loop, you don't have to slow down for each one?

New concept call "maintenance throttle" came about. Don't complete!y let off throttle in corner, you need some throttle on to keep speed steady in corner because cornering naturally scrubs off speed.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote