Old August 21st, 2019, 05:03 AM   #229
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
If the weather is bad but not terrible, I'll run a few miles. If I haven't run for a couple months, when I do I can expect my legs to be a little sore the next day. I figure it's mainly because of higher peak loads when running.
It's because you're not doing that exercise often enough. As a demonstration, take a couple months off cycling, then go back to riding at the same power level and duration. You'll be sore.

IIRC you ride the same route every day on a bike? We talked about this a long time ago. If that's the case, you're stagnant in your workouts and they're not doing nearly as much for you as they can. Vary up the type and intensity of the ride. For example, make one day a climbing day, one day a steady output flat day, and one day a short fast day. Then take an easy recovery spin, then an off day for stretching and low intensity walking or something like that with a focus on hydration and nutrition. Off days are just as important as on days.

This will do a lot more for your metabolism, recovery, and power than just doing the same ride over and over and over again.

Where are you located, Winston-Salem area? Come out my way for some hills and mix up your rides.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.