View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2023, 08:45 PM   #8
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Oh ... where to start... oldest 1st!!

My 1st bike, bought in 1986! Wanted VFR750F, but couldn't afford it at time, so got baby brother VF500F Interceptor!

Being 1st street bike, it was learning experience for everything! Riding & crashing, maintenance, repairs & upgrades. It was pristine for all of 5-minutes, then I stalled and dumped it trying to get out of uphill driveway out of seller's house. It was really steep driveway, I swear!!!

Having ridden dirt-bikes for years before I was old enough to get driver's licence, I wasn't used to so much weight! So I just went back to riding dirt, gave it tonne of throttle and wheelied outta there! That's more like it!!!

Then punk teenager that I was, never realised it needed maintenance! Let it sit too long over winter-break next to ocean and it rusted up solid and carbs clogged. Ended up running lean on one cylinder, melted and seized piston and tossed rod out side of block!

]

Got spare older-gen engine from breakers with damaged head/chocolate cams and mixed & matched parts to build one good engine!

Took opportunity to completely strip down to bare frame and paint it black. Along with recovering ripped seat in crash couple years later, it looks much more coordinated. Less Fisher-Price or Tonka-toy and more like serious bike. For reference, here's original colour scheme.

I think my next step with it is upgrading wheels to wider CBR600F2 wheels in order use modern 17" tyres. Then take it out and wring its neck on track!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.