View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2023, 12:25 PM   #17
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Danno, that Interceptor was a gorgeous bike. My husband had that same bike for a while, 1986 500. I was supposed to learn to ride on it, but we never managed to teach me and he sold the bike so it wouldn't be idle any more.
Thanks! That's my 1st and forever bike! We've done so many road-trips between Santa Barbara and S.F. Bay Area, never letting it go! Yeah, VF500F has tiny carb-passages just like Ninja 250 that'll clog up if you just look at them wrong. I've had to pull carbs for deep-cleaning/restoration at least 10x now! Pulling V4 carbs isn't any fun. One day, I'll convert to EFI...

Speaking of V4, I found my dream bike on Kijiji in Ontario, CAN couple years ago!

After calling seller, I discovered it had all upgrades I would do myself anyway:

- CBR600F2 wheels to use modern 17" tyres
- CBR600F3 fork & brakes
- larger ST1100 front brake-rotors
- DMR adjustable rear-shock

So I immediately paid him and arranged transport. Shipping company took about 3-weeks to pick up bike. What's that weird white stuff flying all around and littering entire countryside???

Driver got quarantined for 14-days at border, so took little longer than normal. Finally arrived couple months later after having EPA & DOT pawing it over. Bonus! It came with Corbin seat!!!

Wow, so much fun! Only got to use it couple of weeks and loaded it up on truck again for move to Mesa, AZ

Friends took me on some rides to get familiar with area, and stopped off for lunch @ Dillons:

In between rides, VFR750 helps with house projects:

And took it out to try out AMP track - Arizona Motorsports Park

Got to see some other fast toys taking off from Luke AFB right next door.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Another bonus! Someone from base noticed my VFR at track and gave me another one!!!

This one was post Harley-tariff, so VFR700. Been sitting on base since 1998 unused. I've got big restoration project on my hands: rusted tank, clogged carbs, new chain & sprockets, tyres, etc. At least engine turns over by hand easily. Maybe I'll go straight to EFI on this one...

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; July 19th, 2023 at 05:36 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.