View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #11
Lowspeed Lowside
Tightwad Tinker

Name: Hans

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0stZomb13 View Post
If you have never ran a turbo carbed vehicle, then trust me its NOT FUN. I ran several bugs that way. Sooner or later they all saw mega squirt.
Problems duly noted. I also note that it IS possible. Can you give us some specifics on what you think was not fun? I hope you realize that different people have different ideas of fun. I, for example, like having to warm up the engine before it starts - I enjoy the anticipation of riding at least as much as riding itself. Also, you appear to be the ideal person to think about a quick/cheap "FUN: YES/NO" solution for a turbocharged bike. I thought that opening all the valves/gates and abracadabaraing the jets/needles back to stock, would be sufficient.

Would you like to be in charge of the abracadabraing? For starters, your budget is $50. It would also be nice if we had a solution to disconnect components quickly. My bicycle has quick-release skewers, I weigh 180lbs. and I've taken curves at 45mph without the wheels falling off. I'm not even implying that this is even an embryo of a solution, but being able to take all the added bits off in 30 sec. would be a rather cool feature, in which case we'd also need an anti-theft gizmo. :-)

At this point I will be very honest: one of the reasons I don't even want to consider EFI, is that as soon as I *start* adding something that requires to be controlled by a computer, I'm afraid I'll end up with a bike that has a permanently installed tablet-PC. I'll spend more time writing software to superimpose the temperature of the electro-magnets that control valve-timing over the image of the blind-spot(s) which are monitored by small cameras (as is the rear - bye, bye mirrors! Don't get me started!), than enjoying riding.
Lowspeed Lowside is offline   Reply With Quote