View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2015, 04:21 PM   #27
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
OP, I don't want to say anything about the squidding since I know what it's like to ride in SE Asia (I was in Thailand for a few months and rode there). Extremely humid in 95 degree weather. But you look like you're in a more rural area with not too much traffic (compared to my experience in Bangkok where my max speed was maybe 20mph if I got lucky).

Aren't you a tiny bit worried about hitting the pavement and losing a lot of skin? The reason I ask is because I crashed once during a Cat4 bicycle race going 25mph. I lost a lot of skin on my calves, my thighs, my arm, and back. I slid on the ground for a good 20-30ft after impact. This was only at 25mph. The only place where I was 100% ok were my feet, hands and head (I had bicycle shoes, fingerless gloves and a helmet). I was limping for almost a week and the trip to the hospital was not fun. Road rash!!! They didn't give me any anesthesia (thins the blood too much and was afraid I'll bleed out) before they start scrubbing the pebbles and sand off my skin. The worst was when they had to get the pebble and sand out of my leg wound....tons of hair stuck with the dried blood, skin, sand and pebbles. But had to scrub the skin to get rid of it before they wrapped everything up.
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote