View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2016, 07:02 AM   #22
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Update :

Phoned up my lawyer on this matter. He informed me that there is no purpose for a lawyer to be present during the meeting. According to him:

1) The meeting is just to stress on the gravity of the after effect of the accident.
2) To find a common ground of understanding for both parties, on the quantifiable and non quantifiable damages which have occured.
3) To propose if the company is willing to settle outside legal proceedings.

The company may / may not include their lawyers to be present at the meeting, however any discussions made or decisions made could always be dismissable as this was not a "summon of appreance" for a hearing in court.

Should the company decline, then i would be advised to issue a summon through my lawyers for another meeting. Now, only during that time, all recordings or minutes pertaining the meeting is usable for exhibits in court. This meeting is channeled through all legislative means. Should he is to come with me, i would still be charged for legislative consultation even none of documentations are being prepared. This is a loss for me.

This meeting, should i rephrase based on my comprehension by talking to my lawyer, is a sign of saying;

"Dude, you are screwed."