View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2016, 12:38 PM   #14
greenaero
Motorcycle Hypermiler

Name: Vic

Motorcycle(s): 1999 & 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R's

Thanks @akima! I agree, the Brexit vote and the Trump election are related. To me it seems more democracies are waking up to the down side of increased government control and intervention in our lives. The British people refused to sell their souls for the supposed benefits of free trade. Many Americans are tired of the increasing size, cost and interference of the federal government and its failure to improve the lives of most people.

What I find most interesting and refreshing is the utter failure of the mainstream so-called news media of both our countries to influence these decisions despite their one-sided reporting and propagandizing. It will be interesting to see if this wave of change continues with the French and German elections.

Citizens of a democracies will never be unanimous in making decisions. Different interests and different beliefs are often in direct opposition to each other and the discussion can become heated and emotional. It is important that we respect each other's constitutional rights and freedom to have their own opinions and the ability to express it.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.