View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #47
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonik View Post
Well, where I was going was that fleet turnaround is far too slow the way it is now. We let vehicles taper off and plate fees drop to nothing, then they just linger forever. If we raise those registration fees after a certain point, say 14 years, to standard fees, then we get people who can properly afford to maintain them at that age, or they will be sitting in wrecking yards out of service, not polluting. This just isn't bikes, it's cars too. It's sad but a reality. When citizens can't police themselves, the government has to. See speed limits or stop signs because some folks can't be cool on the roads... nutrition labels because some folks can't figure out how to not stuff the frontal face hole with junk... so we should also tightly police the fleet turnover, much more than we do now, because people can't on their own. Agreed, my own project bike was a mess of carbs, and every time I touch carbs I squint and wish I didn't.
Hey Demonik, Ben Franklin said something like "Those that would give up personal freedom for a-little temporary safety deserve neither freedon nor safety." Government my ass. Move your tail feathers to Great Briton.

Bill

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; July 14th, 2017 at 06:30 AM.
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote