View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2016, 09:15 PM   #16
OX-34
IBA#486

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 300, FJR1300, Super Tenere, Blackbird, TMax scoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post
The only reason i came up with attaching it via forks is that only saw Versys doing this.. lol.
Got any pictures switching it on? How do you do the swicth and where do you put it?
Here are the same lights on my Versys:

The switch is on the left handlebar - Ninja 300:

This is the sort of thing I used:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post

.....But if the lights were way that high, wouldn't it be projecting directly to the other road users in front of us? .........

It comes down to the purpose of the lights, because that determines when you use them.

Riding around during the day with all of your lights on hoping to be seen better by other road users? Well, that's up to you and I won't comment further.

Using them in fog to help you see better? Get them down low (eg forks) and aim them low to both avoid dazzling other road users and also to better see the road markings and obstacles without having your whole visual field lit up and blinding yourself at the same time.

I use them to see better at night outside of city limits. We have lots of wildlife to hit and that is what I'm trying to avoid. To reinforce that particular use, here in Oz we have to have driving/spot lights connected via high beam only. So I have a switch for my lights, but it only works when I am on high beam. By definition, I won't be dazzling other road users because I will dip my lights to low beam when they are close.

You can never have enough light for 24 hour rides in the Australian bush :

OX-34 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.