View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #33
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
A very smooth, fast rider that on a track; can swivel their head 180 degrees, point at a following rider or convey a message, while dragging their knee at the same time as the rider behind has never turned a corner so fast in their life!
Don't know anyone who can do that (oh......wait......)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Feel.

I'm most impressed by riders who can understand what the chassis and tires are communicating before exceeding the limit. I think everyone can learn to be smooth up through where the tires stick. It's trying to learn how to interpret what the bike is doing, and understanding that for when the pace increases that is most impressive to me.
This is a good one. I'd agree, especially with being able to communicate effectively. I always struggled with this, coming in from practice and saying things like, "the bike feels....I don't know....weird and wiggly." and the mechanics were like, "weird and wiggly? can you explain that a little bit better, lol."

Do you think that some people are just naturally better at this or is is something that can be learned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
People that comeback from injury. Getting past pain ,fear and physical issues to achieve there goals and dreams.
From Greg Lemon who was shot with a shotgun and won the tour De France.
My friends in land speed that go down and get back up. Recently a friend went down at 225 she lost her leg and broke just about every bone in her body. She laughs that she did not chip her nails. So it's all good.
Amazing.
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.