View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #3
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
I'm guessing the helmet the lady friend is wearing is one of those useless plastic cereal bowl types.

I live in western PA and there is no helmet law. I'd say roughly half of the people I see riding motorcycles are not wearing helmets. I'd say about 90% of the people I see riding motorcycles are not wearing more motorcycle gear than a helmet and gloves.

I'm ashamed to admit I have ridden my moped 20mph on neighborhood roads without a helmet to go pick up pizza half a mile away... but I don't understand why people cruise on huge bikes at 75mph without a helmet. I also can't stand wind in my face like that.

I crashed at 50mph and cracked my helmet in 3 places and smashed the EPS liner until it was barely a cm thick... after that, I bought an Arai ...
Yep, half helmets. So maybe women are only a-little bit smarter. I, like you, ride 1/2 a mile to a corner store on a very rural road w/o a helmet sometimes. It is kind of fun under 40 M.P.H.

Bill