View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #8
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
If you don't die from the impact, there's a good chance you will be run over and killed.

When I hit a deer on the Interstate back-in-the-day (on my brand new '87 Ninja 750), I remember being the most frightened when I stopped tumbling and realized I was laying in the fast lane of the hwy at night. Because I had a helmet on I was able to get my bearings (though my head was spinning) and crawl onto the median. Numerous cars went by me at full speed before someone stopped.

A motorcyclist was just killed last week, not too far from here, when he hit a deer and was run over by a car, and then a dump truck.

I don't know the details, but being conscious (because you had a helmet on) when you stop tumbling is a huge advantage.
Someone upstairs was watching over you Sir. What if you lay there unconscious.

Several good reasons to wear a helmet for reasons other than warding off a wack by a large bumble bee. Hmmm, I wonder how it might feel riding in a severe rain storm with out a helmet. A hail storm would even be more fun.

Bill