Old May 24th, 2022, 11:05 AM   #7
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgss77 View Post
My guess is you scored if for ~$1500, anywhere near that is a firm steal, that is a solid bike!

Soooooo...how are you going to dude up the commuter?
My max bid was going to be $1,600 but I won it with a $1,015 bid, but with their auction fees the total out the door was $1,214.

Bike starts and runs pretty good, carbs may need some cleaning. Previous owner kept it full of gas and ran it every month, took it for rides around his neighborhood even though the bike hadn't been registered or inspected in 12 years. Tank doesn't appear to have any rust in it. Tires look to be original to the bike and are very dry rotted. I'm working on getting a set of them. Have also started ordering replacement hose for the fuel and cooling system. Probably should get a new carb boots too. Master cylinder doesn't pump up the front brakes at all. Have a new one on the way along with some Galfer stainless brake lines.

As for setting it up as a commuter, not really sure how much I want to do. A rear rack and a top box would be nice. I have a 29 mile each way commute of mostly highway riding and since Covid traffic hasn't been too bad. I'll see how the comfort is and make changes as necessary.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote