View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #44
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
quite a long response so i'll break up my responses...

not sure why you think this. but i would openly invite any evidence that shows any media corporation is unbiased. anywhere. please... i would LOVE to see it.
Fine. All media has a certain bias,then. But dont assume to know where and what sources anyone else (including me) get information from, implying your sources are superior/more factual.

Quote:
so you're saying a population (or rather, segment of a population) fighting or rioting against it's government isn't revolt? or are you saying it's not "valid revolution" because the people who are mad are (in your eyes) 'lazy non-working entitlists'? this really confuses me almost sounds like you yourself are viewing things from your own biased opinion instead of trying to objectify the situation.
Yes, Im saying its not a valid revolution. This is my opinion based on the fact that these people have a democratic process to elect their leaders to enact policy on their behalf. In addition the Greek government does not oppress these people by limiting their freedom or snatching them up in the middle of the night to throw into prision. I dont know exactly, but I dont think the Greek government is viewed as a violator of human rights, say like the government of Libya. So basically these people are not happy with policy and instead of working to change the policy by political and democratic means, they are actively sabotaging the well being of their country and destroying their cities. Now they've apparently graduated to attacking their rightful law enforcdement entities.

Quote:
so you're saying that because one area has worse violence or a higher rate of mortality per rioter/revolutionary, that anything else is "not good enough"? this really confuses me even more. does that mean that the minor revolutions in history are no longer revolutions because we have mass genocide?
Not exactly. Im saying 1200 people have been murdered by the State in Syria, as have countless people in Libya, as have countless people in Iran. The populations of all those nations have a legitimate complaint against their governments because their government have forcefully denied them due process and peaceful political means to change their environments. Not to mention the horrific human rights abuses that they are subject to. In Greece, none of the above applies: the government doesnt jail people for having opinions against the government, or make people disappear because they criticize policy, or deny them a democratic means to choose their leaders. In my opinion, wrecking a city because economic relaities force you to take less entitlements and have to actually get a job is not the same as risking yourlife against a diabolical regime intent on oprresing you. So yes, the Greek commotion falls far short of a legitmiate revolution.

Quote:

sorry, but i believe you implied that when you said:
You believed incorrectly. I think I was pretty clear. You initially dismissed the attempted burning to death of a cop as if it was no big deal. Eh, everyday occurence. Well, not in a Western democracy with a profesional police force, it isnt.

Quote:

please... point out where anyone is "giddy chortling" at anything here? again- i think you're really reading into things to hear what you want to hear.
Umm, look at the first 3 or 4 posts oh this thread. Not saying you were 'chortling' but some people clearly found it funny.

Quote:
unfortunately none of us know the police officer in the photo so i can't tell you how many people he has or hasn't killed, and how many of the people he has or hasn't killed "deserved it" or not. honestly i don't think killing someone solves much of anything. i never "chortled" at anything, but if you're implying me, i would find it extremely distasteful to take pleasure in anyone's death. perhaps you disagree and simply like killing?
True. We dont know the police officer. He might be a pedophile rapist and totally deserved to die a gruesome fiery death.

I dont like killing. I draw a huge distinction between murder and killing. Murder is always wrong. Killing is not. There are just some people on the planet that deserve killing. You can be a person of character and honor and conscience and have no hesitation in killing those that deserve killing.

Quote:
the point i'm trying to make that you seem to be ignoring or not understanding is that you are making quite a lot of assumptions based on limited third party information being provided to you by sources who have personal interests. perhaps it would be wise instead to be more objective about situations you aren't directly involved in. you seem to have an extremely subjective point of view and seem to project apparently past experiences on current events.
You're right, I dont have nearly all the information or facts on the ground. But I can only assess the situation with what I do have and everything Ive said in this threadis based on that information. Can I be wrong on some facets? Sure. But if anyone can show where Im factually wrong, I have no problem admitting it.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote