View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #78
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Yeah, when ever my friends and I go have a peaceful demonstration we always make sure to bring with us weapons of destruction (i.e. molotovs, sledge hammers/mallets, rocks, etc.)-SARCASM

In regards to demonstrations/protests/riots, when does anyone have the right to resort to violence just because law enforcement is present? The answer you are looking for is NEVER!

Law enforcement was present to prevent those so called 'peaceful' demonstrators, who were carrying around weapons, from destroying property, hurting others, and endangering themselves.

I have never seen or ever heard of a 'peaceful' demonstration maintaining the peace while the demonstrators are carrying around weapons. Also, I have never ever seen or heard of any 'peaceful' demonstrators policing their own potentially violent members. One of two things usually happens when violence breaks out during a demonstration: 1) Those who are more about peace than violence usually get the heck out of dodge or 2) They simply support the violence either by participating themselves or ranting on those who are doing it.

The bottom line is that the issue with the officer being set on fire is no laughing matter and there is simply no justification for it.

You may find some of the members here, who are or were in law enforcement/military (myself included), a little more passionate about this because of their own experiences/first hand knowledge about the subject at hand. However, you don't need to be someone who has served in a selfless occupation to understand that there is nothing funny or right about someone getting hurt for trying to uphold the peace, which in this case just happens to be their job.