View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Validioxus
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2001 EX250

Two-Up Made Me Better?

Hi everyone

I read the forum here at work quite a bit (boring summer job, smh) and really enjoy all the different opinions and insight I read; im usually not much of a poster but something happened yesterday which I wasn't expecting at all. And I was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

So two days ago I carried a passenger for the first time. I told her all the generic info: dont bounce around, lean and look through corners, etc.
We spent a while in a parking lot so she would get used to slow speed maneuvering and help calm her nerves a bit. Long story short, we wound up going up to 40/45mph for a few minutes before calling it quits.
I was being safe and cautious with the added responsibility of a passenger and trying to be as steady and smooth as possible in all aspects of my riding.

So the following day (yesterday), I went riding again for almost two hours and I felt much more relaxed/confident in my abilities. The bike felt much lighter and I felt I was able to take corners a little more quickly; but I did feel my body position/technique/smoothness in general improved as well. It was also the first time wearing earplugs while riding so maybe that contributed to the extra 'relaxed' feeling. Anyways, I was just curious if this had happened to anyone else after riding 2up for the first time because i thought it was pretty neat.

sidenote: I started looking through corners more while driving a car for practice, anyone else ever done this? haha

Cheers
Validioxus is offline   Reply With Quote