View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #84
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

OK, I got my three tire irons for 20% off at Harbor Freight. They are so cheap that the bends aren't the same on each of them, but perhaps I can use the "variety."

Anyway, I saw this [the alignment tool, not the spools] and wondered if it could come in useful for $3:

chain_alignment_tool.jpg

...or should I just eye-ball it?

It's on clearance so I probably won't have a chance in the future. Not really sure how it's supposed to "attach to the gear." That nylon screw sure doesn't look like it's going to keep anything straight.

Oh! And because the bead-breaker SCUDMAN recommends is down to $20 at Harbor Freight, perhaps I should get that? I mean, in my situation I'd have to buy 2x4 planks otherwise and I'd be spending $ on that too. How much would a long enough 2x4 cost (cut, of course)?

kkim: Where did you get THREE rim-protectors? All I can find are two-packs on eBay. I guess I'll just end up buying four!

Anyone know who sells rim protectors locally? Orange juice is expensive and I have nothing to transfer it to (I have to change my tire ASAP). Is it the kind of thing they'd carry at CycleGear?

It's funny that I couldn't find valve core removers at Harbor Freight except in a huge tire repair kit and built-in to the plastic caps of that tire leak sealant crap. I found one at NAPA Auto Parts.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote