View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2020, 04:47 PM   #51
NorthernNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Guys, don't get me wrong. I still genuinely believe upgrading bikes is a better way to do this. With all the time and money into this swap i could have easily customized a new bike in every way I could imagine. Admittedly I'm doing more than just the engine swap, i'm basically building a bike from the frame up. I could probably just slap the engine in cheaper, but as it stands I could have sold my bike and used the other money I spent to buy pretty decent used ZX6R or something, the reason I'm doing this is because I really want to have something completely unique where every little thing is exactly what I want it to be.

It's also a business investment, as a mechanic/custom guy, having something that shows all my skills from engine building to electronics to paint, will help me secure customers from bike shows and stuff provided I do a good job. I still don't honestly believe it's the greatest idea if you just want a bit more power. That being said, I absolutely love everything about my ninjette, and I would never discourage anyone else from doing the same if they want to. And i'm glad to have your guys support!
NorthernNinja is offline   Reply With Quote