View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2023, 03:38 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Getting the herd up to snuff...after winter.

I know winter isn't quite over yet, but we've had a few days in the 50 deg range here so that's saying alot for the long cold winter we've had...
I decided to fire up the bikes and get them running again as it's been 3 solid months (almost 4 months) of them just sitting....
I did put a generous amount of Sta-Bul 360 in each bike before they were parked....and made sure they were ran enough to get into the carbs...
then they were just parked no trickle chargers or anything ...just parked
Well, I went out the other day and took the cover off the RX4 (EFI 450cc China bike)... hit the starter and it didn't even click the starter sylinoid ! the dash did light up like normal though....
so I pulled the battery and charged it, then put it on 2 amps for 3 days
then put it back in the bike and it fired up before a full revolution ! and purred like a kitten....
....so today I tackled the TT250 (250cc chineese bike) and I haven't ran it much sense I put on the larger carb on it.... but after I turned on the choke and gas and kicked it 2 or 3 times it fired up and ran great !
(I did turn off the gas when I parked it and ran the bike till it ran out of gas)
but for the Triumph I haven't messed with it yet... the battery will be taken out and charged sense the RX4 was dead and then I will clean the pilot jets in the carbs for good measure... they are super tiny and plug up real easy
on this bike so I will just do that 5 minute job before I try to Kick start it
that 750cc engine is hard enough to start it doesn't need any excuses to defeat me ! LOL....
the Ninja 250 has been in the shop for the duration of the winter and it is still 3/4 apart from doing the valve lash job on it... I had Gordon do the carbs on it and he said he found some problems so I am real glad I sent them to him.... But I still need to finish putting that thing back together and button it all back up.... and I am not looking forward to that at all... but it is going to happen soon as I want it running good for spring ! and I will need to adjust the fuel/air screws and do a synchronization of the carbs... just to be sure everything is top notch....as I am not sure Gordon could set the syncro on the carbs off the engine.... he might be able to he is very talented ! LOL
our Apple trees are beginning to get buds for the leaves already... so spring is just around the corner ! and I want to be riding by the time the trees are in blossom ! HAHAHAHA!
Bob....