View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2023, 10:24 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, I managed to get the carbs on.... without much of a problem
25 years ago I would have had them on hooked up and running in 30 minutes
as it is it's taken me about 6 hrs to get this far ! Aurgh ! getting old suks !
.... I still have to hook up all the lines and throttle and choke cable yet though
I had a hell of a time getting the clamps on the boots on there right there is no room for my small hands ! how guys do it with big hands has to be with long needle nose to hold it and then the screw driver to tighten it...as i finally resorted to doing ! HAHAHA !
I did wind up taking off the leftcarb boot off the block to get the carbs in there
....after I did that they went right in there with alot of WD 40 on everything so slick it up.... and they popped right on.... one advantage of being so little room is that there are many places that you can pry from against the frame to help ease them on the boots.... all in all it went rather quickly after I stopped fighting stuff and used my head ! I just moved the air box back to it's max
as I didn't notice it had crept forward again.... got it back and then I had room
I put the carbs on the airbox boots and then put in the carb boot on the left side (facing the correct way) and then put the carbs on the cylinder boots... which popped them off the air box.... no biggy I'll get them next I thought...
got the carb boots all connected and clamped down and then turned my attention to the airbox boots.... I simply pried against the battery box and battery and moved the Air box up and they reluctantly went on... after I got those clamps tight I put the battery box back and the bracket for the airbox back in place....
so it went like clock work actually ....I just had to move the airbox back again and then the carbs went right in.... who would have thought it would have sprung back like that ! .... but the carbs wouldn't fit in there till I did that ! .... kind'a weird ! ( I guess the wires and connections moved it over time as it's been Months in this project! )....
Man there is just so little room in there to get stuff hooked up you need good light and long nose needle nose plyers and a bit of luck to work on that thing ! HAHAAH !
Next is the hookup.... I'll study the vacuum lines real good and get them right beyond a shadow of doubt ! and then put the gas tank on it and put coolant in it and then try starting it.... it may take me a few days to get that far but she's coming back to life slowly ! .....

Taking the fairings off I noticed I have a leaking front fork seal..... I need to get to that some time this summer I think along with replacing the brake fluid ! ....

Bob......