View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2023, 09:07 PM   #33
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

it's kind'a funny actually.... I was always one to look for the MOST CC's highest horse power I could get and fooie on the rest..... then the crotch rockets appeared and I thought yah right like I could ride 1500 miles leaning forward like that all day.... so that was a joke ! but they came up with 120 hp and in what form ? a crotch rocket ! I thought well maybe I could modify it to be comfortable to ride..... then life happened and got in the way of motorcycles
but I had 15 bikes still hanging around so it wasn't bad not having the fastest bike... I'ed survive !.... 20 years pass and bam I have the money to play with
so what bike do I really want !?!?!?! so I looked at all of them.... and the RX4 was the only one that checked all the boxes... so I jumped on it....
I get it and am imediately aware of the trimindious weight.... it'a a 450cc why does it weigh as much as a 1200cc bike ??????
that's one of the problems of buying on line I guess.... HEHEHE !
so I set out to lower it and succeded quite well, but that only helped a bit.
the problem was the High C.O.G. of the bike.... not just that it weighed 450lbs.... it's that the weight was High on the bike.... not low like the Triumph's.... every time I stopped at a stop sign I had to be real careful
or the thing could get away from me.... even after I lowered it ! and that was disturbing indeed.
so I have decided to down grade to smaller machines I only need enough hp to do 70~80mph..... 20hp will do that if the gearing is right ( I know I've done that before) it may not be a rocket getting there but it can reach that speed.... so thinking about it a bit I thought I already have a Ninja 250R that makes over 30hp so I know it can do those speeds it's low to begin with but I made it even lower so it'a a Kick to ride for me now.... the only problem with it is the stupid riding position it has..... I doubt I will ever get used to that
but sense I've done all I can besides change the handle bars i guess it will do... I am seriously considering stripping it and making it a dirt bike and seeing what I can do to make it a real enjoyable bike....not that I think I ever will do that as I really like the way the bike looks....
Don't get me wrong the Ninja is a heavy bike in it's own, but it IS SMALL
and that is right up my Alley !
I think I'll get it going again and then think on it....
the TT250 is the next on my list to make lower ! the main reason I haven't redden it much is it's the Kids.... well the Kid hasn't redden it yet...so I guess I'll take it over and play with it... but if I'm going to ride it I'm lowering it !
so that's next.
I put a small box on the back rack on the Ninja..... it's ugly as hell !
but it does give me an area where I can take something with me !
on the Triumph I have a back pack I can strap to the short sissy bar. so that one is covered...... but on the TT250 I made a saddle bag setup for 3 boxes
so I can haul alot of stuff on that thing if I want !
(I may well modify those to make them set closer to the bike...they stick out a bit too far for my liking !) so more fabrication ! LOL

actually I think i may be done buying motorcycles for a while !
I'll just stick with what I have for a while. LOL
though that RX3 looks cool and it's 150lbs lighter than the RX4 !
.....hehehehhee !
but I don't ride the ones I have now.... getting another would be silly !
Bob.........