View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:08 PM   #21
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMKV View Post
Congrats in the New Bike!
So, how different is it from the 250 in terms of Body positioning? How hard is the transition to 675cc?
Thanks! Not very different, pretty similar to the 250, maybe a touch more leaned over the tank. The rearsets are set up supersport style. It's also quite a bit higher seating position than the 250. Wasn't bad adjusting to it. I rode about 20 miles home from the dealer without any problems. I've ridden a few 600s and 1000s too. Just have to be mindful of what you are doing with your throttle hand.

But keep in mind I rode the 250 for nearly 17,000 miles and did plenty of track days, canyon rides, etc. Probably would have been up past 20k if I had the normal amount of summer free time. I'm the kind of person that likes to pursue riding or driving something at its limit so I am fully knowledgeable of its characteristics, so I was always asking about what I could improve on riding the 250 during track days. That way when I'm on the street I am able to recognize the performance of the bike better and avoid situations. I'll be doing the same with the new bike as time goes on.

But back to the Stiple haha. The Striple has a rather smooth power band and builds power pretty linearly. I'm still breaking it in though and keeping the revs under 6.5k. Still has enough pull down low to make you hold on for dear life. The clutch is a lot heavier than the 250 so I'm conditioning my hand to the heavy pull. This year's striple has a longer first gear too which makes it harder to wheelie it, which is fine with me since I don't want to do wheelies. The longer first also makes it a little harder to get launches from a stop just right. Its not too much heavier than the 250 either and feels great taking corners at a fast pace. Very flick-able and easy to ride like the 250. The handling reminds me of the zx6r.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote