Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
The last time I stopped to help a guy who's shifter fell apart on his Ducati, well, I was sorry I did. I gave the guy a bolt off my bike, repaired it for him and he never even said thanks or shook my hand. He just kept pissing & moaning about how the dealer was going to hear shat from him..................
I have had more than one bad experience like that.
I believe the problem is the false sense of deserving that some people have nowadays.
You never know the type of person to whom you are helping with the best intentions.

Helping or waving is seldom wrong; wrong is the lack of proper response to these actions, .............but that cannot be my fault.
What do the dull and insensitive bring to the world?
I still choose helping as frequently as possible, because I have been helped in extraordinary ways, during the more difficult moments that I have had while riding.

Somebody stole all the fuel of another bike I had years ago while I was far away from home.
While I was pushing my bike under the Sun, through a not-so-good neighborhood, trying to find a gas station, this guy shouted from his door and bothered to ask me if I needed help.

He walked across the street with a jug of gasoline, poured it into my tank and never asked why I had been so dumb to run out of gas.
When I thanked him and talked about returning the fuel the next day, he asked me to help someone else in need instead.

Another guy came form nowhere with the biggest screwdriver I have ever seen and helped me dragging my bike out of the way and unlocking the shaft-chain that had broken and made fall.
I could have never done it by myself while I was in pain and bleeding.

I know that many will not welcome or return it and don't know why I do it, but I still wave to bikers and stop to offer help to other motorcyclists .......... and even to some drivers.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote