View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2017, 09:12 AM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Yeah, 7500-miles is about right for bias-ply rear tyre. Tyre technology has improved by leaps and bounds since these bikes were new. Unfortunately, better-wearing, higher-grip radial tyres aren't available in Ninjette 16" sizes.

Dealers tend to only give you choices on what they have in stock. Mostly OEM stuff, which tends to be low-end stuff. There are better choices on the market. Going with H-speed rated tyres may be better as they'll run cooler at any given speed and pressure, resulting in better wear and grip.

As for changing tyres yourself, lookup various Youtube videos on how to do it. You'll need beak-breaker, tyre-levers, and compressor. I like to heat up tyres with tyre-warmers to make them softer and easier to unmount/mount. Last tyre I mounted was Alpha-13SP. Casing was so soft I was practically able to mount it by hand like bicycle tyre! Just needed one last section flipped with tyre lever.

There's come-to-you mobile mechanic around here that charges $15/tyre with wheels off or $25/tyre wheels on. Even easier to find a DIY shop like MotoGuild S.F. and use their tools.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote