View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #23
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
I'm 100% planning to get a dual sport/supermoto (or both hehehe) this spring/summer. What I get will be dependent on when/if my CBR sells and what kind of deals there are... I can get a pretty fair deal on a 2014 CRF250L with good financing, but I'm somewhat leaning towards a used DRZ (preferably SM but S would still be awesome) simply for more power from the same weight. Wouldn't mind a DR650 either, converting one of those to an SM would be lots of fun with all that lazy low end torque. And super simple maintenance on all three of those bikes will be nice compared to a compact high performance 4 banger
I like all of the dual sport bikes for the most part. It's funny when you really get down to it any of them would be awesome - but each has small positive and negative traits, but hard to go wrong with any of them. The DRZ is very cool - it will probably be between a DRZ and WR.

Those DR650s turned into supermotos are really cool, there are a few videos on youtube of some builds.

Too many excellent bikes out there - I'd love to own like 40-50 bikes in a barn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I may not be able to drop money on a competent dual sport/supermoto (at least not without parting with my ninjette) but I'm definitely getting an old 125cc dirt bike for trails riding and that should tide me over until I can afford a wr250r/x which is my dream dual sport/supermoto. (in blue) Honestly the best bike combination that money can buy (imo) is a dual sport/supermoto and a sport bike/something that'll comfortably take a passenger out on a ride and be fun on a track or something that feels and looks amazing like a triumph street triple.
That's what I'm trying to accomplish - have the faster SS bike and a more utilitarian bike to commute with and have some different kinds of fun, like off-roading, that the zx6r can't do.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote