View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #180
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
The ones I've seen have one finger go under the bottom of each fork and one finger go behind the rake of the fork (toward the engine) to cradle the corner. Thy usually have a design that tries to clear the front axle but I've found that it often interferes (lip around hex area hits the swinging plate that the fingers are attached to). It usually takes a bit of finagling but it's best to set the bike down and try again or you risk dropping the bike. I once removed my front tire and found that I could not reinsert the axle (something shifted?). I could not set it down because the was no tire. I damn near dropped the bike trying to shift and correct it.

If you can get a triple tree/head stand, then do. It'll make everything easier and allow for fork service (can't service the forks if the bike is being held up by them).
That's what I've got.. they're the T-Rex Front/Rear stands, but the bracket that joins the 2 fingers is big enough that, while I can get tools in to loosen and remove the nut, I wouldn't be able to slide the axle out the other side but I may just need to get some help with shifting the bike a bit and sliding it out.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote