View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #28
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I'm not here to argue, but I have a little input. I have an aftermarket EFI setup that allows me to take data from the bike, log it, and adjust fueling. I started out with a pod filter to give myself extra space, got annoyed with how loud it was, and switched back to the air box.

after looking at my temp data during rides, I can assure you that the air box makes for much more consistent incoming air temps. This alone will make for more consistent fueling. The pod sucks in hot air from right behind the engine. Your intake temp will vary based on how long you've been sitting at a stop-light, how much of a breeze there is, how fast you're moving, etc. I can assume (since I've never run pod+carbs) that this would make tuning your idle mix screws rather difficult.

I can also assure you that it more consistently pulls harder with the air box+EFI than it ever did for me with the pod filter+EFI. I don't know any of the science behind mixing fuel and air, but I know that I've had very good results with the air box and fuel injection. Maybe carbs are a different story. idk.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.