View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:53 PM   #29
Minnesotah
Did you get him?

Name: Myke

Motorcycle(s): 2009 2fiddy SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcome2thedawn View Post
this...........i used to feel really panicky taking off on a steep incline...especially being somewhat short, so i can't really dig my feet into the ground to hold the bike well on an incline

edit...oh, i just noticed you are in portland....have you ever gotten off I5 north, at the ross island bridge exit, to go across the bridge, and you have to loop back around, merge to the right, and then take a right up that super steep hill with a stop sign at the top? there is always stop and go traffic going up that hill, and they all think they should stay right on your ass...or the steep hill going up woodstock, passing 39th? when i was learning stick, i would either go super slow to try and avoid stopping, or if i saw a green light, i would gas it to get through...kinda funny looking back, but i would get so much anxiety on that hill
There is a trick to this actually, Two exits before the ross island bridge exit you can cross above the free way on drop down onto Powell from up there and avoid that crap.
Minnesotah is offline   Reply With Quote