View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #46
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Mmmm... 500 triple. Everyone is forgiven for taking any route possible to get their hands on one. Truth is I'm guilty in a similar way. 1984 RZ350. I did a 2 year payment plan on it. My first bike though, in high school I worked all summer and saved money so I could buy a bike with cash. (CB400) After the RZ, the next few bikes I bought I made a point to save for them. 20 bikes later I always pay cash for bikes, especially race bikes at high risk of getting wadded up in the same year. I bought my 2013 675R with an inch high stack of 100s.

As far as "Not all new bike purchasers are nit wits" man hang out on the ninja 300 forum for a while. I've seen too many poor apartment dwellers say "I really want a new bike and I don't want to wait till next year." Building credit is a real thing to do, but too many people get in over their heads. Take out a loan for a reliable car you need and not a toy.
An RZ350? Cool. I almost bought one but backed out when I saw all the drill holes for safety wiring. I figured the bike was raced. Later I learned that Yamaha installed drilled cap screws at the factory. Is that true? If the answer is yes I'll just have to find someone to kick me in the ass.

Bill