Thread: The A in ATGATT
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2017, 01:46 AM   #39
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
One thing that owners forget is the safety of their passenger, even more important that your own I feel, hence I have a few set of gear for them as well. I feel very strongly about keeping myself and my passenger safe. Just go to www.rockthegear.org and read my friend's story, she was the passenger.

Case and point, a few years ago I got a call from my daughter, and she found herself stranded, I detoured to her, I was on my bike. When I got to her, obviously she had had, no gear. Waiting for someone else to come and pick her up wasn't an option(long story)

So I proceeded to give her all my gear, helmet, jacket, overpants, gloves. I know what your gonna say, but it was my only daughter, she was in trouble, and I had no other options, so I made sure if anything did happen, at least she would be safe, I couldn't live with myself any other way. I just took it really slow and easy, drove like an old lady going to church on Sunday morning, and all was well.

Requoting to emphasize.

Riders have to remember that we are responsible for the life of our passenger. When we squid, we do it knowing full well the risks and horror stories. Passengers usually do not know of the actual risks they are taking by hopping on the back. It is the duty of the rider to properly protect the passenger against risks they have not contemplated.

Like you Ghost, I make sure my passengers are fully decked out. They get the better, full coverage gear when we go for a spin.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.