View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #59
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

I literally just shipped it back to them this afternoon and neglected to take pictures when I was working on it. However, I'll summarize to the best of my recollection and link the only provided pic from their website:

(For an idea of scale, each half of a coil loop (the distance between the curves) is about 7")
There are two 9006-type connectors to power the ballasts. One of them is in black wire loom and is about 40" long. The other one is just in sheathing and extends *maybe* 12" from the relay. The weatherproofing seals around one of the wires into the shorter-wired 9006 was severely compromised; fixable, but would not hold up to weather.
The H7 plug to attach into the headlight socket has about 10" of wire coming from the relay.
The battery cables (with ring terminals) are about 14" for the positive (red sheath with effectively exposed fuse holder included) and about 8" for the negative.

Even stretching the wiring out perfectly straight, I fell over 18" short from the headlight sockets, and could only reach the area behind the instrument panel with one of the ballast power sockets. The company suggested I just splice into the battery cables and lengthen them. That's well and good I can do it easily, but the whole point of me buying a harness was NOT to need to do that. Ah well, I should've asked them before buying. What amused me in this is this quote from their website:
"For protection, the wiring is covered in black "high heat" convoluted tubing, all of which is guaranteed to be long enough to fit all applications."

TRS' policy to not accept returns for refunds (without getting that approved before the original purchase), has led to some frustration.
To their credit though, the Morimoto D2S projectors are in good shape and they included the connectors for the hi-beam solenoids. I did get what I ordered from them within 48 hours though, which was awesome given I paid for the cheapest possible shipping. Also, they cut me a little price break since I called in and asked nicely.

That said, I'm kinda glad I went with a DIY harness. Spent a couple hours sourcing out high-quality components parts as well as some waterproofing shrink-wrap, and didn't spend much more than the harness from TRS cost me. If anything goes wrong with it, I've only got myself to blame.