View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #14
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by teafour View Post
So a little tid bit of research brought me some info about the front in spring rates. I used Racetech to go and see what spring rate it calculated up based on my weight without gear etc and it feels I should be using a .740kg/mm spring rate (stock is like .440) Obviously I'm a fatty for this bike. LOL

So then I did some looking at the front ends I have to chose from and it seems if I got with the Suzuki GSXR one, it came factory .790kg/mm, not far off. The Kawaski one I have came factory spring rate of .850kg/mm. Since these are the two for runners of what I have, how close of a match do some of you more experienced guys feel this would be or am I really off base with this comparison? These would be a little stiffer than Racetech recommendation but not by far I'm thinking. What concerns if any do we think I have using either of these like I'm planning?
You should be fine with either. If you already have the Kawi front end, then just use that, should be fine. Both much better than stock so you won't notice the difference in spring-rate too much between the two upgrades. I had calculated 0.8kg/mm from RaceTech's site and ended up having to add some extra preload anyway.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; November 28th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote