View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2018, 07:23 AM   #99
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
at around the 35 second mark, you should begin *sequentially* backing off the choke, while applying throttle.

Prior to that in the video...I'm hearing an engine favoring 1 cylinder over the other.

By the one minute mark you should have been OFF the choke and ON some throttle, till it wants to idle on its own with no throttle input at all.

i'm thinking you need to up the idle adjustment a bit.

Where does it idle at when warmed?

You earlier stated you performed a valve adjustment, what were your findings?
And solutions? You are SURE you performed checks at the precise cam positions?
The bike doesn't start (with the choke) at a high RPM like it did in the past and like my previous carbureted bikes have done. Typically the RPM's jump up and you have to start backing down the choke so it doesn't rev too high but my bike barely runs. It'll bog if I give it any less than the slightest bit of throttle when cold.

I haven't sync'd it yet but did adjust the air mixture which really smoothed out the deceleration quite nicely as it was hanging before. When it's warmed up it runs great, it will idle at 1700 (or 1300 about 25% of the time), one or the other, without much fluctuation.

I adjusted the valves as per the wiki instructions which are pretty clear. What I found is that all the valve clearances where a bit too tight. I didn't take note as to what the prior gaps were.