View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:51 PM   #13
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintJPN View Post
I have to agree that stock, the Ninja 250 sucks on the safety side of the house. The exhaust is never heard and you can't be seen from the sides or the back. I speak from experience cause I'm currently recovering from being hit by a car that did an illegal u-turn in the middle of the night with no headlights on. I'm limping around on a cane 4 months after the accident (100% other person's fault so all medical paid for including a new ride).

For the being seen part, I picked up a Stingerz LED Sports bike basic package (green). I highly recommend this LED kit because it's bright as hell. People will see your LED's before they will see your headlight. I bought the package because I'm lazy and didn't want to go way overboard and create my own. http://www.customdynamics.com/stinge...ent_lights.htm BTW I didn't need to mod anything, runs great off of my stock electrical system.

For the exhaust I replaced the stock with a Jardine RT5 slip-on. I live in Japan and EVERYONE runs Yosh exhaust on everything from 50cc scooters and up. My exhaust turns heads everywhere I go because no one is used to the unique sound that the Jardine has. I love it.

I've even made my own custom decals out of Arlon and 3M reflective vinyl for the sides and undertail. Bought from ebay some green reflective rim stripes also. I'll try and take some pictures whenever I can and post them. I highly recommend custom decals from reflective material, it looks so sweet.
:
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote