View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2021, 12:54 PM   #34
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Something is odd then. Maybe some tank vents came from the factory overly restricted for some reason like improperly cut gaskets, or something assembled a little out of place.
Yeah. I’d love to see if I could make it happen on someone else’s 250J to know for sure that it isn’t something you could make happen on any J or K bike. Of course, OP may be dealing with a genuinely-clogged vent regardless.

@SuspectPage3
Does your tank ever make noise like a moan or whistle when it sits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
There shouldn't be any fuel come out in "ON" position you see when the engine is running it pull a vacuum open up fuel shut off diaphragm to allow fuel thru act like on off switch so doesn't flood you carb with fuel that what 2nd hose is for
These bikes are known for leaky petcock. Here is why:
https://imgur.com/06nhPsg

It seems that many of them have this defect. They literally can’t make a full seal. That was a picture of the one I replaced, but I wasn’t the first to discover this. Never got to verify the replacement didn’t have the same issue.

Edit:
Figured I’d pull this out of the IMGUR link but I’ll leave the link above for the full resolution:

“Inner ring should be complete, not C-shaped. It can't seal so fuel leaks. Many are like this from the factory.”

That inner ring appears to be made of Teflon or something. I suspect an air bubble during production leaves the C-shape behind.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote