Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2022, 09:17 PM   #139
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

if you have a 1 into 2 cable to the carbs check the slide where it splits into 2 some times they hang up and won't go all the way down... I have one like that on my old Triumph and i adjusted the synchronization and then checked it again a couple days later when I was getting ready to try and start it and they were way off.... and I knew I already did that... come to find out that union there had popped apart and one of the carbs cables was not in the hole but riding on top of it's slot... so I had to re do it all ! and there was no way to route the cable through the frame and then out to the handle bar... it has to dangle out in the breeze.... which I do not like... when I replace that throttle cable (soon) I will get an extra long one so I can route it through the frame and out the handle bar..... that way it won't get hung on some highway marker that I got way to close to HAHAHAHAHHA
Bob......