Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2022, 12:46 AM   #210
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

your not beaten till you give up !

Danno.... um because I am an old stick in the mud and have a set way of doing things..... your right though,.... if the part is identical it makes no difference where you get it !

Marshall don't feel bad I know exactly how you feel but the ninja carbs have done a number to me as well the problem on my carbs is the pilot passage has a 3 way split and that connects to the pilot jet
making it 4 ways ... and you can put carb cleaner into one hole and get it out all the other holes but that does not mean it's not restricted i think that is what got me, you gott'a verify each passage way is clear and not restricted
but you got it idling why bother cleaning them again ? you clean it if it doesn't work.... if it works you leave it alone ! the bike is not taking throttle
but it was a few days ago what changed? i know impossible to say as you've done so much right ? we think it's too lean a mixture due to an air leak....one hose off would do just that.... double and triple check the carbs that there isn't a hose missing or that the hoses connected to it are in the right place..... it's gott'a work, as it worked before !
Bob....