View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2022, 05:06 PM   #39
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Yes those things do definitely get in the way....alot ! but their worth having around anyway.... LOL
your chances of that working is very slim.... but it is worth a try anything is worth a try if that means you don't need to take the carbs off again !!!!
study the pilot circuit before you attempt to clean it again... you'll see a straight shot from outside air coming in that hit's a juntion and that hole goes 3 more ways.... one for the pilot jet, one for the air screw and one for the exit for the air fuel mix to get into the cylinders unfortionately they are not in-line with each other so poking a probe into one just cramms the crap into a side hole
and that is the problem ! getting that side hole area clean.....
it connects the other 2 parts of the curcuit together and the side hole/ connecting passage is ni to impossable to clean....
I thought I was going to have to pull my carbs off again and clean them but now it doesn't look that way.... so I am real happy about that !!!!
how I cleaned my carbs was with the wire probes through every hole in that circuit and used alot of carb cleaner and compressed air I also checked to make sure carb cleaner was coming out all 4 places when spreyed into the air intake pipe of the circuit... at first it was minimal if not only coming out 2 holes... but after a few hours of messing with it I finally got it where it was coming out all 4 holes on each carb... it is restricted coming out the one where it feeds the engine... but you have to get that one as clean as possable.... ...
I straightened out a steel spring and used it to try and get around the bends in there and I think that is what broke through the crap and cleaned it out
it was a small spring with the size of a 1/2" diameter.... I flattened the coils out into one long wire leaving a few coils as a handle .... rounded the sharp end of the spring with a file so it was not sharp... and put a short kink on the very end to help get it started into the side hole.... it did go into that passage way but only about 1/4" and I was scared that my hard spring would brake off in there so I only went in and out about a dozen times and them spreyed carb cleaner in it... i was too afraid to twist the spring when it was in the hole.... but that is what it needed ! but I was chicken !!!!

after doing that I sprayed carb cleaner in it and got it to come out all 4 places.... so I knew it was clean.....
i put the carbs back on and it ran and idled for the first time... but it wasn't right.... turns out I had the pilot airscrews turned in too far
I broke down and bought the "SPECIAL TOOL" it takes to adjust the air screws on the ninja the other day and will adjust the idle with the air screws to the fastest idle i can get and then turn them 1/8 turn more to the open side.... then I can put the fairings back on with the new fairing hardware that just came today.... and she will be ready to roll again....
Bob.......