Thread: WTF!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #11
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Haven't had it happen on my bike. But have had that happen with my truck.

A tow truck driver friend of mine warned me there was a spree of 4Runner thefts and to lock up my truck tight each night. So, when I started attracting the attention of the local LEOs I was forewarned. The first time, I had driven out to investigate some weird lights on a hill (turned out it was a truck on a mountain dirt road I'd forgotten about), cop pulled me over for "suspicious driving pattern" or something like that (there's a lot more details but not relevant to this story). A bit into talking to him, found out a truck was stolen that looked like mine. Finished up the conversation and went on my way.

Second time was pulled over due to "license plate light out". That one I called him on, "Sure its not because I am driving a 4Runner, several of which have been stolen in the last two weeks?" He looked at me and muttered he had a legitimate reason. I laughed, told him to check the VIN and my license, I didn't care since I'd rather them be thorough than miss my truck if it was stolen.

The funny thing was the one stolen that "looked like mine" was a first gen version that was baby blue. Mine's a second gen, gold, with a distinctive rack on the top. Hehehehe
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote