View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2019, 02:22 PM   #1
Zolland
ninjette.org member

Name: Zac

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R

Fan doesn't run after some maintenance (had to snip some wires). Diagnostic tips?

Hey all!

So I recently adjusted the valves on my 250, so far everything seems to be in order EXCEPT for the fact that I haven't noticed the fan turn on at all. I'm not entirely sure when it should turn on, but I definitely noticed it on pretty often before (it was working perfectly before).

I double checked and the fan is plugged in nicely.

I think the problem might be coming from some wires I snipped. The previous owner had installed grip warmers (don't see any logic there, but ok lol) and decided to make it impossible to take off the front fender without having to cut wires. I only cut wires that lead to the grip warmer control unit/grips, but maybe this could be it? Seems a little unlikely to be, but also the most likely thing I can think of as I didn't mess with any other wires. Maybe there is a temperature sensor that isn't working now?

I want to attack this problem, but I lack the knowledge to properly diagnose the issue. What is the best way to go about this? Is there any way I can manually turn on the fan so I don't have to turn the bike on and ride around to test it? Are there any common ways to test these types of issues? Are there common mistakes that could cause this type of problem?

Thanks!
Zolland is offline   Reply With Quote