View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2019, 05:43 PM   #21
RiderDonnie
ninjette.org member

Name: Donnie

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Angry

So I put new battery and plugs in with correct gap and antiseize. Hooked petcock and tank back up to bike and my carb hoses are like shown in the picture on that carb.

The “fuel inlet line from petcock” is the main fuel hose from the carb that attatches to the petcock right? (The bigger brass nipple?) And then “the vacuum hose to petcock” is the 2nd hose that connects to the smaller nipple on the petcock? I believe I do have the aftermarket petcock . I will send better pictures when i get off work. My brass nipples coming from the petcock that’ you attatch your hoses to are going horizontal as the factory ones are vertical...
I got bike to start on it’s first or second try and it sounded really good I had full choke on and I ran it for about 90 seconds until I let go of the throttle.. and then it died and wouldn’t start again after that so I didn’t try too much to get it started again. As I was running the bike there was a real dark grey almost black smoke coming out of both exhaust pipes the entire time.. I did soak carb in sea foam cleaner when I cleaned it. And I didn’t just put it right back together .. until it was dry.
I’ll link pics in a little. Thank you again man!
RiderDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote