View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Davis937
ninjette.org member

Name: Rollo

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250r (silver)

Bike dying on me at stoplight ...

OK ... I'm definitely a noob so probably not doing something right. Even when my bike is properly warmed up (... say I've been riding for 20 - 30 minutes), I've had a problem with my engine dying when I'm stuck at a stop light. Normally, I'm in first gear with the clutch fully engaged at the stop ... a couple of times the engine went off (like I switched on the kill switch). On a couple of other occasions (long light) ... I was waiting in neutral for the light change when the engine died. In both those situations, I was able to start the bike up quickly before the light changed (definitely stressed out though). I get anxious with this because I deal with some hills and traffic lights (so I worry about rolling backwards if I end up losing my friction zone -- if the engine dies). These engine dying incidents happen only occasionally, but it's definitely in my head now to the point that I try to keep my throttle revved while I'm waiting for light changes. Was wondering if I need to have my bike looked at ... any suggestions or comments are welcome. BTW ... I have a 2007 ninja ... just bought it three weeks ago used ... haven't had a mechanic look at it yet. Thanks!
Davis937 is offline   Reply With Quote