View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #1
mSoueiD
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): None yet; looking to get a 250r

Is this a scam?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/1801622425.html

looking through craigslist and i found this bike for sale. I talked to the owner to see if the bike was still for sale and this is the response i received:

"Hello

Thanks for being interested in buying my bike ,I will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of country so pick up isn't an option , It's in excellent condition and runs like perfect, It has never been involved in any kind off accident, and it has got no mechanical problems, clean title and it was always garaged .
Right now I'm in the United Kingdom,just arrived here 3 days ago . Before i left I found a buyer and i had everything arranged.I payed for the shipping and sent it to him .But yesterday the buyer that i had asked me to wait another 4 weeks because his loan wasn't approved , i just canceled the deal ..I can't wait this long as I'm in the UK for 3 days now and i really need the money, I am in the moving process , changing the work place and everything ...A major issue is that if you want to buy my bike you really need to have the money ready for it.
The bike and its documents are in the DAS auto shipping warehouse waiting to be delivered to the next buyer.The transaction will be made only through eBay. eBay will be the third party that will hold the money till you will receive and inspect the bike .If the bike meets your expectations and you want to keep it you will have to tell them to release me the payment details so I can get paid. If you are interested in this purchase please reply me with your full name and shipping address so ebay can contact you regarding the payment and shipping process.
Let me know your thoughts,
P.S : If you need more info or pictures,just ask."

i've never dealt with a vehicle sale via eBay let alone a person overseas, so any insight would be helpful!
mSoueiD is offline   Reply With Quote