Old July 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #15
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcatjames View Post
.........I read all the input/advice that members here post, just sometimes when I ride, its hard to keep thinking of everything and paying attention to the road.
That is the exact reason for which so much practice and time is recommended and needed for new riders.

These are not skills and reflexes to be rationalized, simple because they aren't natural to human beings.

Our brains are wired to do, in survival situations, exactly what is bad for motorcycling.

Excessive speed, and the lack of space illusion that it creates, is the number one trigger of the wrong moves; therefore, new riders need to increase riding speed methodically and at a comfortable pace.

As much as possible, try staying away from groups, bad weather and heavy traffic during the first weeks of practice, while you develop the proper automatic reactions.

Also, read books and watch videos about street and sport riding; they help much.

I know you feel bad; just want you to learn from this accident.

I'm too far to join the helping group.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote